axle ai 2018
axle 2018 is the latest edition of axle's award-winning media management software, supporting anything from small catalogs to over one million assets. Simply point axle at the storage volumes or folders you want to manage and it automatically creates low-bandwidth proxies you can then access from any web browser. Using our simple browser interface, it's easy to search, comment, mark, approve, and annotate your assets from any location. There's no need to move your media files or change your system setup. Your storage can be a SAN, a NAS or just a local RAID, and can be running in a Mac, Windows or Linux environment – all axle needs is to be able to read the file system. For optimal system performance, we recommend running axle on a dedicated quad-core or larger iMac or a Mac Pro. Client stations can be any mix of Macs, PCs, and mobile devices (iOS or Android)
Also included is our new axle plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro CC for Mac and PC that lets you search, play proxies and select media right from within Adobe Premiere. You can bring the media directly into your project and timeline, and get right to work - no browser required.
The software with a two-user license is $1,995; a five-user license is $3,995.
Interested in using AI to tag your media? Give us a call at 1(617) 262-9222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about AI upgrades for axle 2018.
- Automatic cataloging. Unlike other systems that require you to check media in and out, axle automatically takes care of discovering your media. Just point it at your existing file system and it will index all the files and update its database in real time as new files are added or removed.
- Browser-based review. With axle, you can work with the contents of your media library through a simple interface from any location. Don’t lock up an expensive editing seat just to review footage – do it from your laptop, tablet or phone, in or out of the office.
- Automatic proxy generation. To avoid bogging down your production network with high bandwidth accesses to your high resolution media, axle automatically generates low resolution proxies of your media assets and stores them on a separate drive. That way, lots of people can be viewing the media without impacting your production network.
- Extensive format support. axle will work with all your existing media, including .mov, .mxf, .avi and many other source media formats. Yours not on our list? Just check in with us and we can verify whether we can read it.
- Includes axle Cam. axle Cam automatically detects, imports and organizes camera media. Users are then able to instantly access, edit and share files through a simple user interface that leverages axle’s radically simple media management technology. Note that Cam does not support all camera formats. For more information, please contact us at 617-262-9222.
- Customizable metadata fields. axle ships with a standard metadata schema for you to use, but we know every project has its own metadata requirements, so you can add custom metadata fields to organize your material exactly the way you need to.
- Smart search. When you have a large library, the key to media management is finding material fast. axle not only includes standard search functions, but lets you set up smart search filters so you can quickly find material based on the criteria you select.
- Integrated collaboration. When you have a team working together on a project, you want to make it easy to keep everyone in the loop, and to update colleagues when important changes are made. axle has a conversation view attached to every asset that lets you discuss an asset, and add time based markers to highlight relevant sections. Offline? No problem - you can set up notifications so you’re alerted the instant a new comment has been added.
- User management. If you’re working in a larger facility, user management becomes key. You need to impose access control so that each customer only sees the projects that are relevant to them. axle makes it easy to set up access control so each user only sees the folders you want them to.
- Remote upload and download. You don’t just want your customers and partners to view and comment on material, you want them to be able to contribute or rework material. axle’s browser includes drag and drop upload and download modules so anyone can download or add new high resolution material to the database.
Review and approval. Keeping track of the status of media is critical to a smooth workflow, so axle has a field specifically to track approval status. A green or red light makes it easy to see at a glance what is locked down, and what remains to be completed.
- axle plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro CC for Mac and PC that lets you search, play proxies and select media right from within Adobe Premiere. You can bring the media directly into your project and timeline, and get right to work - no browser required.