axle Starter is a new entry-level edition of our radically simple media management software, making it easy for anyone to manage their media from any computer on their network. Like axle 2016.3, axle Starter creates proxies of your media, allows you to view, tag, search, share, and organize your media, and offers a simple workflow for getting media from axle to Adobe Premiere Pro or Apple Final Cut Pro, without needing to move media around.
Also included is our new axle plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro CC, which lets you search, play proxies and select media right from within Adobe Premiere! You can bring the media directly into your project and timeline, and get right to work - no browser required.
axle Starter has the following license limitations:
- Maximum of two users
- Maximum of three active sessions
- Maximum of 300,000 assets in the database
- No upload or download functionality
- No custom branding
- Does not include axle Cam
The software with a two-user license is $495. You can upgrade to a two user version of axle 2016.2 (custom branding, unlimited sessions and assets in the database, upload, download and Cam) for an additional $800.
- Automatic cataloging. Unlike other systems that require you to check media in and out, axle automatically takes care of discovering your media. Just point it at your existing file system and it will index all the files and update its database in real time as new files are added or removed.
- Browser-based review. With axle, you can work with the contents of your media library through a simple interface from any location. Don’t lock up an expensive editing seat just to review footage – do it from your laptop, tablet or phone, in or out of the office.
- Automatic proxy generation. To avoid bogging down your production network with high bandwidth accesses to your high resolution media, axle automatically generates low resolution proxies of your media assets and stores them on a separate drive. That way, lots of people can be viewing the media without impacting your production network.
- Extensive format support. axle will work with all your existing media, including .mov, .mxf, .avi and many other source media formats. Yours not on our list? Just check in with us and we can verify whether we can read it.
- Customizable metadata fields. axle ships with a standard metadata schema for you to use, but we know every project has its own metadata requirements, so you can add custom metadata fields to organize your material exactly the way you need to.
- Smart search. When you have a large library, the key to media management is finding material fast. axle not only includes standard search functions, but lets you set up smart search filters so you can quickly find material based on the criteria you select.
- Integrated collaboration. When you have a team working together on a project, you want to make it easy to keep everyone in the loop, and to update colleagues when important changes are made. axle has a conversation view attached to every asset that lets you discuss an asset, and add time based markers to highlight relevant sections. Offline? No problem - you can set up notifications so you’re alerted the instant a new comment has been added.
- User management. If you’re working in a larger facility, user management becomes key. You need to impose access control so that each customer only sees the projects that are relevant to them. axle makes it easy to set up access control so each user only sees the folders you want them to.
Review and approval. Keeping track of the status of media is critical to a smooth workflow, so axle has a field specifically to track approval status. A green or red light makes it easy to see at a glance what is locked down, and what remains to be completed.
- axle plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro CC lets you search, play proxies and select media right from within Adobe Premiere. You can bring the media directly into your project and timeline, and get right to work - no browser required.